I was tagged by Constance Masters and Patty Devlin for The Next Big Thing. Thank you Constance and Patty!
- Give credit to the person/blog that tagged you
- Post the rules for this hop
- Answer these ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) on your blog
- Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.
11. What is the working title of your book?
I just published a book yesterday, so I’m going to talk about that one. Bending the rules a bit, sorry.
22. What genre does the book fall under?
33. Which actors would you choose to play your characters for the movie rendition?
I’m always disappointed when I love a book and then the actors in the movie version don’t fit what I’d imagined, so I think I’ll leave the imagining to my readers.
44. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Lonely forty year old woman blows out a birthday candle and finds herself over the knee of a sexy and mysterious stranger.
55. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Just over a week. I did some writing sprints with Anastasia Vitsky that forced me to stay in my seat and write. The book is just under 14,000 words.
66. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
77. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I’d compare it to my own book, Twenty One Days to a Better Attitude because there’s a lot of humor in it.
88. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I had the idea to write a short story collection about birthday spankings because I thought the topic would lend itself to many different scenarios, but then Mimi and Paolo got pretty hot and heavy and it turned into a stand alone story.
99. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Mimi, the heroine is 40 and divorced and she’s no cougar, so I think that might appeal to readers. Plus, I love the ending. That’s all I’m saying.
I'm calling out these
five four writers.