But, I've noticed that many bloggers don't seem to know how to make links properly.
What am I talking about?
Well, let's say I want to direct you to my Amazon author page (so you can consider buying one of my books).
Which looks better?
Or how about this:
This week on Spanking Stories Book Club we are discussing Pendragon's Lash by Rollin Hand http://www.amazon.com/Celeste-Jones/e/B008OUSKU0/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1394739103&sr=8-2-ent
I got extra fancy with that one...there's a link to the book and also to Rollin's blog.
So...how do you make those in text links? It's actually pretty easy.
When you are composing your blog post, look at the toolbar. In Blogger is says Link in other blog platforms it might look the same or there might be a globe with a picture of two links (like a chain) in front of it (that stands for links to the World Wide Web).
- Highlight the text where you want the link.
- Go to the webpage you want the link to go to. Highlight and copy the URL.
- Go back to your blog post. Click on the link maker in your toolbar.
- Paste the URL into the window that opens.
- Click "open link in another window" (you don't want readers completely leaving your blog do you?)
- Click Ok.
Voila! You've made a link.
You can do the same thing in Microsoft Word. Just click on the globe with links image and follow the steps. This is handy for those of you who compose your blog posts in Word or if you are sending a blog post to another blogger and want to include links to your blog, book, Facebook page or Twitter account.