Emily Tilton's Explorations Series follows Victorian Era Emily as she is trained and prepared to enter the Great Drama of BDSM. Emily's family is deep in debt and has basically traded her off to Mr. Wilkes. I have not read all of the First Notebook, (though I want to) which follows Emily as she is trained by Mrs. Smith to be a submissive bride who knows how to please her husband.
Here is part of my review from Spanking Romance Reviews:
The story opens on the morning of Emily's wedding, though she quickly reflects back to events of the day before and we are transported to a room at Smith's where Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Harrah, presumably two middle aged women, fit the soon to be bride with an aide-mari (which seems to be a sexy lacy Victorian thong).
Should I be turned on by the idea of two matrons fitting up the "charms" of a young virgin and then photographing her in various poses which were ordered by her husband?
Well, whether I ought to have been or not…I was and I kept sneaking away from what I was supposed to be doing to read more and more of this engaging, erotic story.
Questions for Discussion:
1. What would you think if you found your great-great-grandmother's journals and learned she was one kinky lady?
2. Have you read scenes or topics that you thought you wouldn't enjoy, but just the opposite happened? Care to share?
3. What is it about being prepared to serve a man and submit to him, that is such a turn on? Aren't we all independent women who make our own decisions?
4. In one scene, the butler enters the bedroom where Emily and her husband are recovering from their first (or third, I can't remember. There was a lot of sex on their wedding night) and Emily's husband says something like "Isn't my bride delightful" to the butler, gesturing to his naked bride (I think he's holding her, but it's clear what's going on.) Although I'd be horrified by something like that in real life, I wasn't when I read about it. What is it about being on display or shown off by your man that is such a turn on? (At least reading about it).
5. Question for Emily---I loved the language you used. How did you get that "voice" into your head? Or do you talk like that all the time?
May 30 Sweet Salvation by Maddie Taylor
June 6-- Spank! by Penelope Hassler and Becky Sharp. We'll be discussing The Magic Book which is the last story in the collection. Discussion Leader Emily Tilton
June 13--- Terran by Cara Bristol