Friday, September 19, 2014

Spanking Stories Book Club : School's In Session

This week we're discussing the final three stories in the School's In Session Boxed Set




Virginia City, Nevada, in 1870, is no place for a graduate of Miss Pomeroy's exclusive finishing school. And Marguerite Stokes makes no secret of her displeasure at her father's insisting she join him there.


Her subsequent angry tantrums lead him to place her under the supervision of stern schoolmaster William Melton, who has a firm hand but a secret hatred for the Stokes family. His attraction to Marguerite is immediate, but can he reconcile his desire for her with his grudge against her father?

When her father decides to force Marguerite to marry William, she is forced to choose between making her own way in the tough Wild West, or submitting to the authority of her father's secret enemy. Will the feisty, determined young lady take flight? Or can William convince her that she belongs by his side - and under his strong hand?

Questions:


1. In Educating Marguerite, the innocent heroine has the opportunity to sneak a peak at a spanking in a semi-public place. If you were her...what would you do?
2. Arranged marriages were often the way in the past, as Marguerite learns, but what do you think? With more than half of marriages ending in divorce, could your dad who loves you pick a better guy to make you happy than you could? Or is that blasphemy?





When graduate student Lucy Larson sees her hot professor, thesis advisor and employer at a spanking party, she promptly runs and hides. Later, kicking herself for her cowardice, she realizes she missed the opportunity to bring her spanking fantasies to life and sets her sights on seducing the hunky scientist. He ignores her antics until she accidentally ruins his research experiment and then he bends her over his desk for twenty strokes of the cane.
Dr. Todd Daniels would like nothing more than to get involved with his smart and sexy lab assistant, but doing so would be unethical and risk censure from the university. Still, when she deserves a serious spanking, he delivers.
Delving into a flaming hot love affair, they must hide their relationship and navigate department politics, a search for his child, given up for adoption years before, and Lucy’s insecurities about his commitment. He wants to make it all work, but he isn’t sure if their unbalanced power dynamic has longevity as a relationship. In the end, all mentors fall off their pedestals and students must spread their own wings.

Questions: 


1. In this book, the groom completely botches his first attempt at a marriage proposal, but later redeems himself with a very creative public proposal.  Have you or any of your friends had a botched proposal? How about an especially creative one?

2. The very thing that makes professor/student relationships hot in a D/s book is the authority or power structure. While considered unethical, professor/student relationships often do happen, as both are consenting adults. Do you personally have a moral dilemma with such a relationship? 




Isobel Parker believes she has neither the talent or education to write a full length novel, and to improve her skills she enrolls in an after hours creative writing course.  

On the first night, excited and enthusiastic, she walks into the classroom and is shocked to see the hero of every short story she’s ever written. He is tall, wide-shouldered, with black hair and sizzling blue eyes; his name is Patrick Doyle and she is hooked.

Captivated by the bulging muscles threatening to break through the thin white cotton sleeves of his shirt, and the smattering of chest hair peeking across the open collar, she finds it impossible to concentrate.  As the classes continue her sleepless nights become filled with dark fantasies in which he is the star, and when he instructs his students to write a short story entitled, Three Dark Hours, Isobel jumps at the opportunity to put her lascivious fantasies on paper.  

As she finishes the erotic account of spanking and other wicked pursuits, she prays that when the handsome and enigmatic Mr. Doyle reads it, he will understand it’s actually a very special, very naughty invitation.


Claiming it has been authored by a friend she nervously hands the tantalizing tale to her boss for a critique.  His name is Brad Saunders, and he is an ambitious Acquisitions Editor for a boutique publishing company. Isobel is hoping for some helpful notes, but Brad has a stunning surprise in store, one that could change her life and turn her wicked fantasies into reality.

Questions:
1. In Three Dark Hours the heroine boldly turns in a story hoping her instructor will see it as an invitation to act out part of the book in real life. What's the boldest thing you've ever done to entice a man?

2. You think the relationship will be with the heroine's teacher, but in actually, it ends up being with her boss. How do you feel about misdirection-- do you find it a delightful twist, or an evil trick in books? Have you ever been so focused on the wrong man that you almost missed the real thing?




Join the five authors of the School's In Session boxed set for a Facebook Detention Party Saturday, September 20 4-6 pm Pacific/ 5-7 Mountain/6-8 Central and 7-9 Eastern

Win a Kindle Fire! Join Renee Rose, Dinah McLeod, Maggie Carpenter, Celeste Jones and Kate Richards as we celebrate the School's in Session Box Set Release with games, prizes and naughty frivolity. But be warned...impertinence is not taken lightly at this school. And someone is going to win a kindle. 



Click the titles above to buy the individual books or if you're a bargain hunter 

Buy the boxed set: Amazon    Blushing Books

7 comments:

  1. Finished all the stories last night except for Three Dark Hours which I am halfway through and really enjoying. Great job, ladies!

    Educating Marguerite
    1. I would sneak a peek, as long as there was no risk of being caught peeking!
    2. I would run away and join the circus before I let my dad pick my husband.

    The Professor's Girl
    1. I can't recall any of my friends having either a botched or an especially creative wedding proposal. Although one of my friend's husband asked her to marry him in front of a large group of people, and that sort of thing would frighten me! LOL

    2. If both are consenting adults and they can manage to keep their romantic relationship and student-teacher relationship (no giving A's for a good blow job) separate, then I don't have a problem with it. However this is often not the case at all. It's an especially fun fantasy though...

    Three Dark Hours
    1. Bold? Me? I think the boldest thing I did was bend over to get something out of my car, knowing my husband (we weren't even dating at the time yet) would get a view of my panties when I did so. LOL. Oh, and it took me FOREVER to find that thing I was looking for.

    2. It's usually very rare that I don't see the misdirection coming...in fact I can't think of a book I've read that really surprised me there. But if one guy was my new book boyfriend and the heroine didn't end up with him, and ended up with another guy I didn't like so much, I'd be upset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol-- that's an awesome story, Sue!

      Delete
    2. Sue! You'd really join the circus? I love that idea, it's a whole new plot! Girl runs away to join the circus when her dad tries to force her into marriage. Unknown to her the potential suitor, a professional acrobat (sooo flexible) has just signed on....

      Delete
  2. Educating Marguerite--1) I would totally watch a public spanking! 2) I am a huge fan of the arranged marriage idea (in romance novels) partly because I think in pre-divorce eras, the couples would be more motivated to make things work since there was no out. Obviously, because some instances could have horrible or dangerous results, I'm glad we no longer live in those times. :)

    1. My husband botched his first attempt at proposing. total disaster. I will have to tell ya'll the story some time. I might post about it.
    2. this book was inspired by a dear PhD scientist friend of mine who married her advisor. She gets mad when I tell the story, though, and insists they didn't hook up until she'd already graduated (which is true, she'd graduated a week before and then they were at a conference presenting together and she told him she had a crush on him and they started making out right there in the hotel lobby).

    Three Dark Hours
    1) Hmm...I"m not terribly bold. All I had to do was touch my husband's chest while we were all out at a bar and he caught the vibe and followed through.

    2). I loved the misdirection in this book. I guess I suspected it, but there was a while there where I was not entirely certain which direction Maggie was headed, and that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Educating Margeurite: 1. I'd watch, but might giggle. 2. I think arranged marriages are a fun device for romance novels and I can actually see it working in real life, assuming the matchmakers were pretty wise and not just trading off their daughters to the highest bidder.

    Professor's Girl: 1. no botched proposals.
    2. I have a friend who was in college in the 60s and began dating a professor. When they got serious, he went to the president of the college to say he was going to propose to her. They had a long and happy marriage...he continued to teach and she worked at the college after she graduated. But, I suspect it was pretty scandalous at the time.

    Three Dark Hours
    1. I once knocked on a guy's college dorm door and basically said "put me out of my misery." But otherwise, I'm shy and retiring .
    2. I haven't read this one yet, but I like the idea of the hero not being the sexy teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue Lyon, you naughty girl for showing off your panties in that way. Did you and your husband ever have a "discussion" about it?

    1. I'm mixed on this one. I'm not a voyeur, so I probably wouldn't take advantage of the opportunity to witness a spanking. It's one of the reasons I didn't attend the "interactive" sex show in Amsterdam when I had the opportunity. The idea kind of squicked me out, especially the "interactive" part. Some things are too personal to be shared, in my mind. But in some ways I'm a prude.

    2. I'm not sure my Dad would have a good concept of the sort of guy I'd like. Don't think I'd want to go that way.

    3. As for marriage proposals, I saw a really creative one. The soon-to-be-fiance got on a plane with around 50 roses and handed one out to every person as he showed them the picture of his girlfriend. He asked them to walk up to her and just hand her the rose he gave them. She was flabbergasted as all these people walked up, smiled and gave her a rose then walked away. The last one off was her boyfriend, and when he reached her, he got down on one knee and proposed. Really romantic, and she did say "yes." Now that was bold.

    4. No, I don't mind teacher/student or doctor/patient relationships, at least not in fiction. In real life.... Not sure. I do think, however, that caning is an extremely harsh punishment. Even in Singapore the maximum sentence they give a prisoner is twenty strokes of a cane. Now, I'm sure the professor's cane is nothing like the thick ones used in Singapore, but for a first spanking I think it's a little "over the top." JMHO.

    5. I guess I've never been bold since I never tried to entice a guy into a relationship. Interesting thought, though.

    6. Hmm, the idea of thinking the hero is one person then have it turn out to be another sort of fascinates me, but I'm not sure I'd like it. I just finished a series where the "hero" was killed in the first book of the trilogy. I thought it was a red herring and didn't believe it for the longest time. Then about halfway through the second book I realized she'd really done it. She'd killed him off. I was bummed, and a little angry, but I finished reading the trilogy. Not sure how I felt about the ending though. The books were all well written, but she had too many events in them that pushed my buttons, and not in a good way.

    I'm reading one of Dinah's books now, I'll read the second one then I'll probably start the school's in session books. All of them look really intriguing. Can't wait. Thanks, Celeste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to a couple of dungeons, where interaction was optional...I wonder if interactive means not so optional? I'm pretty private, too...but Marguerite seems to be a little more voyeuristic

      Delete

I love getting feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment!